Wednesday, December 1, 2010

French Toast

I swear my family has a casserole for everything, we must be casserole fanatics! But really I don't blame them, super easy.  Cut and bake.
Here is one of my fav's I just have to share. It's perfect for breakfast, especially when expecting hungover strays.
French Toast casserole

1 Loaf of bread
1/2 cup half & half cream
10 eggs
1/4 cup syrup
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
cinnamon

Cube bread and layer half in a 13x9 glass pan.  Cut the cream cheese into small cubes, scatter it across the bread then shake some cinnamon over top.  Cover with the remaining half loaf of cubed bread and shake more cinnamon on top.
Mix eggs, half & half, syrup and melted butter together really good.
Pour  egg mixture over the bread cubes and press down with hands to absorb the mixture into the bread. Shake some more cinnamon on top.  Refrigerate over night.
in the morning bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 min.
Serve with syrup and icing sugar (optional). 

enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. HOLY MOLY my new favorite thing is born!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely delicious! I'm so making it one morning!!

    xxJackie

    www.alittlemorebadass.com

    ReplyDelete